Hou dong is a ritual that has been going on for a long time and still many people are interested in it. However, some people have taken advantage of the beliefs of believers for profit, leading many to misunderstand the ritual. Let us learn about Buddhist rituals with Buddhist objects through the following article.
Tribute ceremony in the temple
I. What is Dong activity?
The Hau Dong is a highly religious activity. The essence of this ritual is that the servant will allow the deities to enter in order to speak, bless, heal diseases, etc. At that time, even the servant would become an incarnation of the gods.
According to belief, Hau Dong is worshiped by four palace mother goddesses including: Thien, Dia, Thoi and Thuong Ngan, which is expressed through the worship of deities in the temple. At present, there is no official definition of hou dong, which is generally the concept of our grandparents in the past, orally passed on to the next generation.
Second. Who will be the common servant?
There is no research that proves that anyone can sit on the ground. Traditionally, people with common roots or genes inherited from previous generations tend to be people with a weak nervous system. These people often visit holy places dressed in bronze or are called ghosts.
If servants do not have Aadhaar, their health will often suffer. Some people are such that only when they return to the field will their health become normal. The best time to visit the grounds is usually on important occasions such as anniversaries, etc. Usually there is a ceremony to visit the grounds.
Third. Is the act of homage a Buddhist ritual?
How Dong is not considered a ritual activity in Buddhism but only a religious activity of worshiping the Mother. Usually there will be temples of Mother Thuong Thien, Mother Thuong Ngan and Mau Thoi.
Mau Thuong Thien or commonly known as the first model, includes the following models: Mau Cuu Trung Thien; Mother Tai Thien is also known as Lord Tai Thien; Model Liu Han or Mrs. Uncle Liu; Thien Hau Than Mau or Lady Chua Ngoc. These models ruled Thien Phu. These model temples are located in provinces such as Cu Trung Thien in Hanoi; Phu blinked in Nam Dinh; Model Temple in Ha Tinh,…
Temple of the Holy Mothers
Mother Thuong Ngan, also known as Queen Thuong Ngan, plays the role of ruler over the mountains and forests. Mother Thuong Ngan is often worshiped by many people in temples and shrines.
Mother Goddess is the goddess who controls nature in terms of rivers, trees or rain. The holy mother is commonly worshiped in most of the temples in Mau. The place to keep the Holy Mother is usually on the left side of the temple. On the other side is Thuong Thien, on the right is the model Thuong Ngan.
IV. How will the Paran Sanskar be performed?
The oblation ritual is considered to be an extremely important ritual when a deity enters one’s body. Therefore, it is necessary to properly and carefully prepare for the ceremony. For a successful tribute ritual, you need to prepare according to the following ingredients.
1. Preparation for Slavery
The offerings usually consisted simply of: flowers, fruit, tea, glutinous rice, white porridge, votive letters, etc. Depending on the conditions, there are more offerings.
The offerings would be arranged in a rectangular tower in the middle, consisting of cups, chopsticks, etc. In the middle of the tray, there will be a mirror covered with a rented towel. The Four Palaces ceremony tray should contain the following items: 9 eggs, 1 comb, 1 fan, 1 pair of clogs and 9 squares of cloth to cover the top.
Preparing for Sample Offerings
In addition to the ceremony tray, one should prepare a small mango, a small basin, a comedy tray embroidered with phoenix images and painted furniture, one hundred gold bars. In addition, in front of the altar there will be more types of votive letters, 2 directional boats with 12 rowing figures, 1 pair of horses, 1 pair of elephants with substantial tin jaws and saddles.
In addition to the above ready-made gifts, you need to prepare the following ingredients:
- Orchestra: An orchestra at the meeting would typically consist of: 1 eru, 1 lute, 1 flute, 1 big drum, 1 small drum, 1 beat, 1 double sein. Depending on the locality, the orchestra may add or remove musical instruments in the meeting, but small drums, lutes and double seines are mandatory.
- Costumes: Generally, there will be 36 copper prices corresponding to the 36 deities in the Dong Dong activity. Each copper price will have its own outfit, so the copper girl/boy will have to create 36 related outfits so that if you spend most of the copper price, you will have enough clothes. Maid costumes to prepare: face masks; ao dai with different colors; white trousers; sun towel; belt; silver braces; accomplish;…
The color in each Phu’s costume, specifically: Phu Thien is red, Phu Dia is yellow, Phu Thoi is white, and Phu Nhak is blue.
2. What will the servant do?
When the service takes place, mediums and young boys will be “entered” into the body by the sages and follow the instructions that the sages wish to convey. Therefore, during the meeting, dongsheng often dance, spread messages and blessings through asanas.
3. Price order of copper
During the maid service, the aunt and uncle will perform the following tasks in the following order:
- Change of clothes: Copper girls/boys must first change their clothes according to the value of copper. Because it is possible to pay different prices for a copper service, the servant should focus on changing clothes appropriate for each copper price.
- Incense offering ceremony: To keep evil spirits away, the kshetra sevak will offer incense by holding a bundle of pre-lit incense wrapped in an incense-scented towel with his left hand, taking out an incense stick with his right hand. Starting to make incense stick and incense. Mantra action.
- Feast of the Nativity: When the sage begins to “enter”, the medium will release the incense in his hand, at which point he ceases to be himself and begins to dance rhythmically.
- Bronze Dance: This is an act of proving that the saint has “entered” the servant. Common dances are Chess dance, Feather dance, Sword dance, Fan dance, Bare hand dance etc. The dances will depend on the price of the dong but will often be influenced by folk dances. The order of descent of God from high to low would be: Holy Mother, Great Quan, Adoration, Uncle, ….
- Thanh Thang: The servant sat down, folded his arms in front of his forehead, then trembled slightly, then officially Thanh got up and finished the bronze value.
4. Types of copper prices today
Although there are many saints at this time, there are only 36 of the most sacred, which can be mentioned as follows:
- Tam Toa Quoc Mau: Adoration of the 1st Thien Tien Liu Han Princess, 2nd Adoration of Thuong Thousand Que Hoa Mai Nuong Princess, 3rd Adoration of the Red Lantern Palace.
- Council of Saints: 1st Lord Tai Thien; Lord of the Second Moon Lake; the third lord Lam Thao; Bo Waterfall, Long Jiao…
- Four palaces worship him: the first worships Thuong Thien, the second worships Thuong Ngan, the third worships Loi Kung, the fourth worships Kham Sai…
- The Four Palaces of Thanh Cau: Worship of the Royal Uncle, Worship of the Emperor of Shoes, Worship of the King of the Double, Worship of the Prince of Butter, Worship of the Prince of the Fourth, and Worship of the Prince of the Five Princes…
post on Buddhist objects Shared with you information about Dong Dong’s activities in folklore. Hopefully, this will help you understand this sacred religion properly and join hands for its protection, while also condemning cases of exploiting dong dong for profit.
Wish you Amitabh Buddha!