Nowadays, vegetarianism is not only for Buddhists, but many people follow this vegetarian diet to avoid diseases. According to Buddhism, one has to abstain from eating vegetarianism, meat and fish for 10 days in a month. so 10 days fast What days are they and what do they mean? Let us learn about Buddhist products through the article given below.
I. On which day is fasting for 10 days in a month?
Generally there are two types of vegetarians. Type 1 is vegetarian, which means being a vegetarian for a long time that can last for the rest of your life. The second type is periodic vegetarianism, in which meals are eaten periodically on certain days of the month.
That month has a 10-day fasting calendar based on the lunar calendar: days 1, 8, 14, 15, 18, 23, 24, 28, 29, 30. However, depending on conditions and health, there will be people who only fast. Fasting for 2 days or 4 days in a month.
Vegetarianism is abstinence from eating meat and fish and prohibition of killing.
Meaning of fasting for 10 days in a month:
- Dinh Quang, the first day of the lunar calendar, is the day of Buddha’s attainment of enlightenment. Fasting on this day helps in eliminating karmic sins.
- The 8th day of the lunar calendar is the day of enlightenment by the Medicine Buddha Tathagata. Fasting on this day eliminates negative karma and increases abilities.
- The 14th day of the lunar calendar is the day of Bodhisattva Samantabhadra’s attainment of enlightenment. Fasting on this day helps in eliminating evil and giving birth to good things.
- The 15th day of the lunar calendar is the day of Amitabh Tathagata’s attainment of enlightenment. Fasting on this day eliminates murder, evil things and promotes knowledge and happiness.
- The 18th day of the lunar calendar is the day of attaining the enlightenment of the Bodhisattva. Fasting on this day helps in eliminating karmic sins and increasing longevity.
- The 23rd day of the lunar calendar is the day of Chi Bodhisattva’s attainment of enlightenment. By fasting on this day the sins of karma and murder are eliminated.
- The 24th day of the lunar calendar is the day when Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva attained enlightenment. Fasting on this day removes troubles and increases knowledge.
- The 28th day of the lunar calendar is the day of Buddha’s enlightenment
- The 29th day of the lunar calendar is the day the Medicine King Bodhisattva attained enlightenment, fasting is observed on this day Eliminate diseases, bad karma, increase good karma,
- The 30th day of the lunar calendar is the day when Shakyamuni Tathagata attained enlightenment. Fasting on this day increases abilities and attains enlightenment.
Check out other Buddhist wisdom articles:
- Content and Meaning of the 12 Causes and Conditions in Buddhism
- The basic meaning of Buddhist sutras frequently read in Buddhism
Second. Meaning of 10 days fasting
According to Buddhist concepts, vegetarianism is a method of nurturing compassion for each individual, avoiding killing animals, and purifying the soul. Fasting also means reminding people to appreciate the past years, live a positive life and work hard. The passing of the old month is the beginning of a new month, people need to reflect on it and learn from the experience to improve themselves.
Vegetarianism also brings many positive health benefits
Moreover, from a scientific point of view, vegetarian dishes are mainly made from plants and have low fat content. Therefore, vegetarians are following frugal diets, eating lots of fruits and vegetables, which will bring positive health benefits, helping to avoid diabetes, obesity and heart diseases.
Above is some information about vegetarianism for 10 days in a month Buddhist objects Can be synthesized. In short, the number of fasting days in a month will not be fixed depending on each person’s faith and health. Fasting is also a good way to cleanse your body and help reduce anxiety.
Wish you Amitabh Buddha.