you want to book Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara Buddha Statue Looking to create a calming space and bring peace into your home? Selecting and placing a Guanyin Buddha statue outdoors requires careful preparation and care to ensure that the statue will remain safe and maintain its long-term durability. in this article, Buddhist objects It will help you solve your questions and provide useful tips to properly put out the Guanyin Buddha statue.
1. The meaning of placing the Guan Yin Bodhisattva statue outside
Guan Yin Buddha is the embodiment of altruism and infinite compassion. Accordingly, the Avalokiteshvara statue of the Buddha is most commonly worshiped in temples and in the private homes of Buddhists.
Accordingly, the specific meaning of Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva is understood as follows:
- The word “Quan” means to observe, to see people’s minds, to see in the four directions and eight directions, to distinguish between good and bad.
- The word “world” means the human world and the life and activities of people on earth.
- The word “sound” means the voice of the world, hearing all complaints, happy laughter, cries for help,…
- The term “Bodhisattva” means saving sentient beings from the disasters and sufferings in life to the shores of liberation and enlightenment.
With that sacred meaning, certain principles are required to place the Guan Yin Buddha statue outside. Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara is a Buddha who always listens, observes and sees everything that happens in the human world and reaches out to help when needed. Because of this meaning, the most important thing to pay attention to when purchasing Guan Yin’s face is that Guanyin’s face should show a kind face, a kind heart, and when looking at it, you will feel comfortable and safe. Healthy.
2. How to place Guan Yin Buddha statue outside
Where should the Guan Yin Buddha statue be placed outside?
There are no specific rules for placing Guanyin statues outside. Buddhism comes to Buddhists as a predetermined relationship, without any attachments, depending on the heart and conditions of the person who wishes to worship. Buddhists can place it wherever they wish, feeling comfortable and close to their spiritual teacher.
- in the courtyard and garden
The most popular location for outdoor statues of Avalokiteshvara is the backyard garden. This place is usually private and quiet. This is a great place for Buddhists to create their own area for practice and meditation. If designing a Buddhist meditation area or garden altar, you can place the Guan Yin Buddha statue at this place. This is a state considered peaceful and quiet so that Buddhists can develop their body and mind and help the most sacred Guan Yin Buddha statue.
In addition, Buddhists can also place the Guanyin statue on a lotus pond with a fountain. Additional support is the Bubbling Buddha statue. This scene is like welcoming all things and all good things entering the temple of meditation.
- Porch in front of main gate
If your Buddhist family has a large front veranda, you can place the Guanyin Buddha statue in this place. Placing a Guan Yin Bodhisattva statue in front of the house would mean welcoming family members as well as guests. It is like a blessing, praying for peace for the family, wishing happiness and peace for the guests. This position is considered to bring blessings and peace in the family. Avoid placing Buddha statues near major roads, polluted places, crowded vehicles, lots of pedestrians or mundane places to avoid losing the sacred meaning of the Buddha statue.
Avoid placing Buddha idol near big roads, polluted places, crowded vehicles and lots of people passing by
The posture and documents of the external Guan Yin Buddha statue
Each shape and pose of the Buddha statue has a specific meaning, representing particular stages of the Buddha’s life. Depending on your worship needs, Buddhists can choose the appropriate size of the outdoor Guan Yin Buddha statue.
In addition, Buddhists also need to choose specific materials based on their budget and needs, such as Wooden statue of Avalokiteshvara Buddha, Bronze statue of Avalokiteshvara Buddha Or stone. One piece of advice for Buddhists is that if you decide to place a Buddha statue outside, you should choose durable and sturdy materials.
There are certain principles that homeowners need to remember so that placing Buddha statues outside guarantees respect and reverence.
- Never place the Guan Yin Buddha statue directly on the ground, as this is a very disrespectful position. Furthermore, placing the Buddha statue on a high place, pedestal, shelf, big rock, etc. is also considered a lack of respect while looking down at the Buddha statue. The ideal height to place a Buddha statue is at or above eye level and is also a sign of respect and reverence for the Buddha.
- Do not place a Buddha statue on the roadside or near a mailbox as these places are considered trivial and worldly and show disrespect and disrespect towards the Buddha. Avoid placing Buddha statues outside the garage, near trash cans, or near outbuildings.
- A children’s play area is not an ideal place for a Buddha statue. Remember, a Buddha statue is not a decorative object, but a symbol of a religious person and should be placed in a place that respects it.
When homeowners understand some of the rules for placing Buddha statues, homeowners can better evaluate which places outside their family are suitable and inappropriate for placing Buddha statues. As long as you remember that a beautiful and appropriate Buddha statue location is a place where people can show their family respect and reverence to the Buddha.
Direction to place Guan Yin statue?
The direction of placing the outdoor Guan Yin Buddha statue will be based on the destiny of the homeowner’s metal, wood, water, fire, earth and the five earth elements as follows:
- Homeowners with metal element and western element should place the Guan Yin Buddha statue in the north-east, south-west, north-west or west direction.
- Homeowners with Wood element and East element should place the Guan Yin Buddha statue in the Southeast direction or in the East, North and South directions.
- Homeowners with water element belong to the east four elements, so they need to place the Guan Yin Buddha statue in the southeast direction or in the east, north and south directions.
- Homeowners with fire element belonging to the former four elements should place the Guan Yin Buddha statue in the southeast direction or in the east, south and north directions.
- Homeowners with wood element belonging to the western element should place the Guan Yin Buddha statue in the north-east, south-west, north-west or west direction.
3. What should you worship outside when worshiping Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva?
Buddhism naturally has a taboo against killing. Therefore, it is necessary to abstain from worshiping Avalokiteshvara with worldly objects like meat, fish or foods made from animals. Do not use vote paper, underworld money to offer to Guan Yin Buddha, this is a big taboo. The place to worship Mother Goddess Guan Yin should be pure and clean. Fruits offered outdoors to the Bodhisattva Guan Yin must be chosen fresh and delicious, quality is required, not quantity. When arranging fruits on a plate, you should turn the leaf stem upwards, avoid leaving the stem upside down which is contrary to nature. Also, use only clean water to make offerings to the Buddha.
Flowers used on the altar of Avalokiteshvara include lotus, peony, lily, etc. Buddhists should avoid the use of wild flowers and mixed flowers.
When performing the incense offering ceremony to the Buddha, Buddhists are required to be vegetarian, follow the precepts, and perform many good deeds
4. Where should I choose a reputable and quality Guanyin Bodhisattva statue?
Guan Yin Bodhisattva Statue Sold on the market today with many different designs, models and origins. Therefore, many people are feeling confused and insecure when purchasing Bodhisattva Statue.
If you are wondering whether to choose a good place to buy Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara Statue, you can refer to Buddhist objects – An e-commerce site specializing in providing Buddhist merchandise with media sponsorship from monks and an editorial board Vietnamese Buddhist Information Portal Offers many products Buddhaespecially Statue of Avalokiteshvara BodhisattvaDiverse images,diverse sizes for customers to choose.
With a team of young, energetic and enthusiastic employees, we are always focused and responsible in our work to bring the best products to the Buddhists. Please contact us immediately for direct consultation.
- Hotline: 08.6767.1366
- Email: [email protected]
hanoi, Thien Nien Pagoda (aka Trich Sai Pagoda or Thien Nien Tu), No. 312 Lac Long Quan, Buoi Ward, Tai Ho District.
TP HCM: Thien Giak Pagoda (Thien Giak Tu), No. 111, Street 711, Quarter 2, Phu Hu Ward, Thu Duc City.