Guan Yin Bodhisattva Statue It is not just about liking and buying. The procession of Buddha statues and the invitation should come from the sincerity of every Buddhist. Prayer Buddha With a mind that always desires to understand the light of its knowledge, to understand right from wrong and a good heart to help the world. Do not pray for blessings and ward off misfortune, or cover up dishonest practices. So, how to invite the statue of Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara to your home How? Where can we find quality Bodhisattva statues with multiple designs? Please join us to know through the following article.
1. Popular figures of statues of Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara
Based on religious history, human history, spiritual stories, and Chinese history from the reign of King Chiếu to modern times and the beginning of the 3rd century in Vietnam. Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva has appeared in noble and poor families to respond to opportunities. Borrowing the form of the earthly path to lead humanity upward, back on the right path.
For, he is a Bodhisattva who embodies compassion, one of the two virtues held highest and indispensable for a Bodhisattva practitioner. If Bodhisattva Manjushri symbolizes powerful wisdom with a majestic male form, Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara incarnates as a gentle woman, spreading love throughout humanity.
According to the legends about the bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara, he has many different forms. There is also a legend that he has 33 forms, each associated with a legend. However, to sculpt the statue of Guanyin Bodhisattva, people usually only use two main figures: standing and sitting.
Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara appears as a gentle woman, spreading love throughout humanity
Standing statue of Guan Yin Bodhisattva
With this shape, artists often sculpt them according to the shape A statue of Avalokiteshvara holding a willow branch or a vase of nectar, This image symbolizes the Bodhisattva’s actions of saving suffering while using the nectar to pacify the human world.
statue of sitting buddha
Statue of Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva seated Often represents the peaceful meditative state of the Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara. At this time, he can be depicted holding a mudra with one hand and a pot of nectar with the other. Most have a lotus flower base, but there are also styles that include water ripples below, making the statue more lifelike and meaningful.
Small statue of Buddha sitting on a lotus
The small statue size will be more popular among people because of its convenience, and with this size Buddha statue you can place it in many different positions. Moreover, this type of statue also has quick processing time and also saves cost while purchasing.
2. How to properly invite the Guan Yin Buddha statue to home
prepare buddha altar
Before proceeding to invite the Guan Yin Buddha statue home; The homeowner should prepare the altar and puja material thoroughly and thoughtfully. The Buddhist altar should be kept in a high and dry place. Buddhist worship objects that householders need to prepare include incense bowls; flower vase; tray; Bowls and Prasad… Keep the puja place clean and tidy; Complete incense sticks.
Find a place to buy the Guan Yin Buddha statue and send it to the temple to request
Finding a quality, durable and beautiful Guan Yin Buddha statue is the next task for the homeowner. Statue of Avalokiteshvara Buddha Must have the right form and style; Especially the gentle face with compassionate beauty. The material for making idols should also be made of good material to last longer; not damaged or broken; Some of them include stone statues, ceramic statues, etc. If the homeowner does not have experience and knowledge in choosing Buddha statues, it is best to go to reputable supply stores. These places often offer complete sets of Buddhist puja materials, making it easy for you to choose.
After choosing to purchase the Guan Yin Buddha statue of your choice; Next, the householder sends the idol and a shrine he had previously chosen for the monk to cast a spell and chant the sutra. Thus, the Buddha statue will have spiritual energy and will bring a solemn and spiritual atmosphere while returning home.
The most important thing in worshiping the Lady Buddha statue is still the heart and respect of the homeowner
Choose a good day to bring home the Buddha idol
The householder chooses an auspicious day to bring the Guan Yin Buddha statue home for worship. Good days can be seen in the perpetual calendar or Feng Shui worship experts can be consulted. After bringing back the Buddha statue, you must immediately place it on the altar. After this you should burn incense and pray. During the puja process, the householder should always keep the altar clean; Always full of smoky flavor, bringing a cozy feeling. Only then will Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara remain in his position and miraculously bless the family.
3. Some things to consider when inviting the Guanyin Bodhisattva statue into your home
In order for Guanyin worship to work as expected, homeowners need to pay attention to the following issues:
- Appropriately prepare the altar, direction of worship, size and position of the Buddha altar. You should choose a medium-sized altar, large enough to house the idols, puja materials and offerings. Keep the idol and the altar in a harmonious shape. The Buddha altar should be placed high above the altars of ancestors and gods. You should choose directions for placing the altar that match the luck of the homeowner in the house.
- Bodhisattva Bodhisattva Bodhisattva statues and worship materials on the altar should be made of porcelain. can choose Statue of Lady Buddha holding a lotus flower or a pot of nectar water, Statue of Guan Yin with a Thousand Eyes and a Thousand Hands, Statue of Guan Yin holding a child,… according to the wishes and aspirations of the family. Incense sticks, vases, cups and trays should be made of lotus-shaped porcelain.
- Before performing the puja it is necessary to perform a cleansing ceremony to mark the idol. You can perform this ritual at home or in a temple, then choose a good time to place the idol at a pre-selected location. The eye marking ceremony should be performed by the homeowner himself.
- You should burn incense every morning and at night before sleeping as per Buddhist worship rituals. To increase devotion you can read prayers and repentance daily.
- When offering flowers, you should choose flowers with good meaning and fragrant fragrance such as: peony, yellow chrysanthemum, lotus flower, rose, etc. Fruits should choose varieties with long-term freshness and beautiful colors such as: grapes, Buddha’s hand, oranges. , Apple, Watermelon, Dragon Fruit, Banana,…
- On full moon days, first days, Buddha’s birthday, Tet, holidays, etc., you should offer incense, fresh flowers, fruits, candy, candles, water, etc. You can have a feast, but homeowners should take care to only offer vegetarian offerings and not salty offerings, as this violates Buddhist rules.
- Always keep the Buddha altar neat, clean and pure and clean it regularly. Do not move the incense bowl, idol or puja objects on the altar. When the incense bowl is full, you should change the base of the incense.
4. Where to buy the statue of the iconic Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara?
Hopefully through the above sharing Buddhist objects Everyone has understood to some degree more about how to properly invite the Guan Yin Buddha statue into the home. apart from preparation Buddha Beautiful; Homeowners should also keep in mind that the most important worship is still the heart and devotion of the homeowner. All good things will come when you pray sincerely.
If you still haven’t found a supplier Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara Buddha Statue Reliable information can be found here Buddhist objects – An e-commerce site specializing in providing Buddhist merchandise with media sponsorship from monks and an editorial board Vietnamese Buddhist Information Portal, Provides many Buddha statue products with diverse images and diverse sizes for customers to choose, especially the Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara Statue. Contact us immediately for a direct consultation.
- Hotline: 08.6767.1366
- Email: [email protected]
hanoi, Thien Nien Pagoda (aka Trich Sai Pagoda or Thien Nien Tu), No. 312 Lac Long Quan, Buoi Ward, Tai Ho District.
TP HCM: Thien Giak Pagoda (Thien Giak Tu), No. 111, Street 711, Quarter 2, Phu Hu Ward, Thu Duc City.